Henry Kaufmann Family Park
Family Park will reopen on May 24, 2014
The 100-acre Henry Kaufmann Family Recreation Park is the site of James and Rachel Levinson Day Camps and home base for Noar and Bogrim Travel Camps.
The Charles M. Morris Aquatics Center
- Olympic Size Pool
- Baby Pool with zero water level entry and mushroom spray
Family Park is open to JCC members from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Special family activities are scheduled throughout the season.
Summer Splash Pass
Non-members can use the Family Park facilities from Memorial Day to Labor Day with our special Summer Splash Pass (good for the Family Park only)
Family/$300; Couple/$250; Individual/$150
To buy a pass, call the Membership Office, (412) 521-8011, ext. 534.
My Baby and Me Swim Time @ Family Park
Bring your little ones (age 4 and under) and plenty of sunscreen; we will provide snacks and water. Pack a lunch and stay a little longer for time on the playground plus a fun Shabbat experience on Fridays.
Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 am-1 pm
July 3-August 23
No fee; JCC members and Splash Pass holders only
Thursday, July 4—Independence Day
Family Park open 11 am-7 pm
Free Family Programs
2nd Annual Family Mini Golf Tourney
Compete on our awesome 9-hole mini golf course. Snacks
provided. Meet at the mini golf course.
Sunday, June 30
Participate in the low ropes course, go on a nature hike and plant flowers for a community service project. Meet at the Arts & Crafts Pavilion.
Sunday, July 21
Back to School Bash
Spend the last days of summer with a pool party, BBQ, music, basketball shootout and more. Meet at the pool.
Sunday, August 18
Call Stephen Patrick, 412-521-8011, ext. 276.
FREE Diving Clinic:ages 6-14
Deck, race and springboard diving will be taught.
June 23, July 14, August 11
AQX Aquatic Fitness Program
June 16-August 25
Dates and times to be announced
Adult Swim Meet
Call Stephen Patrick at ext. 276 to register.
Sunday, August 18
New at JCC Day Camps!
New at JCC Day Camps for Summer 2013
The lowest prices of the season: October 28 (October 27 for South Hills Day Camps) to November 29.
Examples of savings:
- James and Rachel Levinson Day Camp: Save 12% over regular rates for one 2-week session; save 14% for the entire 9 weeks
- South Hills Day Camps: Save up to 13% for 4 weeks
- Performing Arts Camp Squirrel Hill: Save 13%
- Travel Camp: Save almost 15% for a 4-week session.
Shorter Sessions for More Flexibility
- J&R offers four, 2-week sessions plus a final Bonus Week from June 16 to August 15. Each session will have a special theme or activity.
- South Hills Day Camps are offered by-the-week, June 16-August 8.
J&R has reorganized camp units under two divisions:
- Kehila for children age 3 to entering grade 2
- Chaverim for kids entering grades 3 and 4.
Chaverim campers will go on field trips and have overnights.
Travel Camp will welcome kids entering grade 5
Noar Unit: For kids entering grades 5 and 6
Bogrim Unit: Entering grades 7 and 8.
NEW: Ozrim counselors-in-training program for teens entering grade 10.
Visit the full Day Camp webpage
July 4 Holiday Hours
Thursday, July 4
- Fitness Centers open 8am-2pm
- Family Park open 11am-7pm
View full Holiday Hours Schedule
- Mini-golf course
- Ga-Ga Pit
- Hiking trails
The Henry Kaufmann Family Park is accredited by the American Camp Association