Fitness & Wellness Tip: Heart Healthy Diet
Eat a heart-healthy diet….
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, whole grain and high-fiber foods.
- Eat fish at least twice a week, preferably oily fish, or talk to your health provider about taking omega-3 fatty acid (fish oil ) supplements.
- Do your best to eat less salt. Limit sodium to 1,500 mg per day.
- Avoid trans-fatty acids. No trans fats is the goal.
- Eat very little saturated fat (such as fat from meat, cheese, butter); less than 7 percent of your calories a day.
- Drink no more than one alcoholic drink a day. No alcohol is best.
Thinking about preventing heart disease should be on everyone’s radar, regardless of your age. Now is the time to eat a healthy diet and to establish a consistent exercise routine!
“The groundwork of all happiness is good heath”. What are you waiting for?
Read more Fitness & Wellness tips.