Children, Youth & Family Programs: October
October Children, Youth & Family Programs
Samuel M. Goldston Teen Philanthropy Project
For teens in grades 7-8
Each teen contributes $500 of their Bat/ Bar Mitzvah money to a pooled endowment. Contributions are matched dollar for dollar through a generous grant from Linda and Edward Goldston in memory of their son, Samuel.
Using what they have learned about philanthropy rooted in Jewish values, the teens work together to determine how to award grants using their collective money. They review grant proposals from prospective grant recipients, make site visits to programs and organizations who have submitted proposals and, ultimately, choose how to distribute the funds.
- Learn about philanthropy, grant making, and Jewish values
- Explore the many ways nonprofit agencies help make this world a better place
- Develop friendships with other teens from different schools and neighborhoods
- Perform community service which may be eligible for school credit
- Make group funding decisions
$36 registration fee to participate
J Days (October 14, October 18)
When school is out, have fun with us!
Each day includes a field trip, free swim, arts and crafts, sports of all sorts and more!
- October 14: Triple B farms
- October 18: Fun Slides Carpet Skate Park
Before Care 7:30-9am.
After Care 4-6pm. $12 additional fee for NON Clubhouse members.
Field Trip J Days: $65/day/child.
Current Clubhouse families receive a $5 discount
Please bring a dairy lunch, swimsuit, and a towel each day.
Tuesdays, October 15-December 17
Ages 15-18 ( must have learner’s permit before the last course date)
Course includes 30 hours of class time and 6 hours of driving instruction $399 member; $499 community
JCC Middle School Musical: Fame Junior
- Audition Date: October 20, 1-5pm
- Call Backs: October 22 6-8pm
- Grades 5-8
- No Fee to audition
- $130/ JCC member; $160/ community to participate
- Performance Dates: December 12, 14, 15
Magical Musical Family Shabbat Dinner
(Friday, October 25 from 5:45-7:30pm)
Food, Kabbalat Shabbat, songs, crafts and a performance by magician Tom Jay. Registration is required in advance by 10/23.
$36/JCC member family of four; $48/community family of four. $10/JCC member; $14/community. Children under 2 are free. BYOKB (bring your own Kosher wine/beer)
Kids Nite Out
Saturday, October 26, 6-10pm
Please have your children join us for an awesome event!
- Children in grades PreK-1 will be staying at the JCC to participate in “Disney” theme programming. Among other activities, they will be making Aladdin Genie Lamps, going on a Treasure Hunt, playing sports of all sorts, watching a movie, swimming, and eating dinner.
- Children in grades 2-6 will be going “out on the town” to Romp N Roll, where they will enjoy a night of roller skating! They will eat dinner before leaving the JCC, and will be back to the JCC by 9:30pm.
Clubhouse families receive a $5 discount for all Kids Nite Out programs. The cost is $36/child and $9/sibling. If children are going out on the town it is an additional $5 activity fee.
Music Artistry Private Lessons with Kathy’s Music
Kathy’s Music will be offering private Violin, Cello, and Viola Lessons
October 7- May 25
- Violin 4-6pm Tuesdays
- Cello and Viola 4-6pm Mondays
Registration fee : $35 Violin Lessons- $86/month; Viola/Cello Lessons- $90/month
Registrations can be made at www.kathysmusic.com
Save the Date: Sheldon Low Family Concert and Sing-along
December 24 from 4:00-5:30pm
For families with children ages 10 and under $8/person in advance; $10/ person at the door. Groups of 10 or more- $7 ( must register in advance) Light snacks will be served Open to the community
Click here to visit the full Children, Youth & Family Page