Coming Events in the Community
Community Meeting to discuss Jewish Residential Services / ACTION-Housing Plans for the former Poli’s Restaurant Site & Updates on Forward/Murray Avenue “Gateway” Improvements
Tuesday, March 25, 6:30-8 pm
Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
5738 Forbes Avenue – Levinson Hall – B
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition and Council Representative Corey O’Connor’s Office invite you to join with representatives from
Jewish Residential Services & ACTION-Housing, Inc. for a community discussion of these issues:
- Recent/planned improvements in the Forward/Murray “Gateway” area.
- Plans for development of the former Poli’s Restaurant site (2607 Murray Avenue) for housing, JRS offices & a new home for the Howard Levin Clubhouse.
- Your hopes for future development in the Forward/Murray “Gateway” area.
- If you can, stay for a brief conversation about a “Love Your Block” improvement opportunity at Beacon/Murray corner.
If you have questions in advance of the meeting, please contact:
Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition - (412) 422-7666
Community Meeting to discuss Plans for Construction and Programs at the new Frick Environmental Center
Wednesday, April 2, 7-8:30 pm
The Children’s Institute of Pittsburgh, 1405 Shady Avenue (Multi-Purpose Room), Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(Please park at the Institute’s Northumberland Parking Lot or use on-street parking if necessary. Walk through the Therapeutic Garden and then enter via main doors. Please do not park in the Shady Avenue Lot by main entrance.)
Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition, Council Representative Corey O’Connor’s Office and Regent Square Civic Association invite you to join with representatives from Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy and City of Pittsburgh departments for a community discussion of these issues:
- Plans for construction of the new Frick Environmental Center.
- Plans for interim and future environmental programming.
If you have questions in advance of the meeting, please contact: Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition - (412) 422-7666
Roll up your sleeves and join us for the Squirrel Hill Spring Cleanup
Sponsored by the Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition & Litter Patrol
Sunday, April 27, 10 am - 2 pm
Corner of Forbes & Murray, Carnegie Library
Bags, tools, and refreshments will be provided!
Learn more by visiting www.shuc.org