Nutrition at the JCC
Our dietitians can help you lose weight, feel better and develop healthier habits for life!
- Make sure at least half of your breads, pasta, cereals etc are whole grain each day.
- Check the food label to make sure Fat grams are less than 5 and Sugar grams are less than 10 per serving.
- Increase your fiber daily! Eat fruits and vegetable with the peel/skin and make sure packaged foods have at least 3 grams of fiber per serving.
- Want a balanced meal!? Make sure at least half of the plate is full of fruits and/or vegetables - the rest a mix of whole wheat grains and lean protein.
- To lower cholesterol levels choose low fat or fat free dairy products.